1. All pieces must be recent work of the exhibitor.
2. Neither work made from purchased kits, nor the use of decals, will be permitted.
3. No resale items or discounted items are allowed.
4. Work must be an original design of the exhibitor and produced by the applicant, or follow traditional patterns, or be a skillful adaptation of a published pattern. Original work that is designed by the applicant but produced by others is not acceptable for the tour. The Committee will screen out work which does not meet standards of originality.
5. No food items may be sold by the exhibitor.
6. You are only allowed to exhibit work that has been listed on this application and approved by the selection committee. For the purpose of selection, you must provide 3 examples of your work for each medium to be sold (2 media maximum). For Photographers and Painters, bring in 3 framed original pieces and card samples if selling cards. These examples should best represent the work to be exhibited.
7. Artists must be present to interact with the public during the show.
8. Work of artists selected for the tour will be photographed and published in this year’s brochure and on the website.
To view the media category descriptions click here.
All samples of artwork must be delivered to the Laird Hall, 3 Pumpkin Point Road, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon on Saturday, May 23, 2020. Submission of art work will not be accepted after 12:00 noon. The $125.00 entry fee will be refunded to any applicant who has not submitted their art work by 12:00 noon. Contact any of the Sylvan Circle Committee members prior to this date to make alternate delivery arrangements or to discuss submission of digital images in lieu of actual pieces. Submission of digital images is discouraged as applicants might not have their work selected due to poor quality images.
All submitted pieces must be picked up from the Laird Hall, 3 Pumpkin Point Road on Sunday, May 24, 2020 between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Unless alternate arrangements are made, any items not picked up on this date will be returned at the artist’s expense.
All artists will be notified of their selection status by email in May. The Sylvan Circle Committee assigns selected exhibitors to halls based on hall capacity and media. Exhibitors cannot be placed in a specific hall location by request.
Every year the Sylvan Circle Tour accepts a few emerging artists who have never participated in a juried show. Please click here for information.
SHOW DISPLAY SET-UP
If possible, each entrant will be allocated a minimum space equivalent to 10′ x 10′ including a table and 1 chair. The setup date for the show will be Friday, September 18, 2020. The halls will not be open prior to 8:00 am on Saturday, September 19, 2020, and all exhibitors must be set up by 8:30 am that day. Your hall monitors will contact you to schedule set up times and discuss any individual needs. Exhibits may not be dismantled prior to 5:00 pm on Saturday, September 19, 2020.
Display tables must be covered with clean, ironed, solid coloured fabric to within one inch of the floor. Stored items such as boxes and extra inventory must be placed under the tables and thus out of sight. More requirements and suggestions for displays are available in our Artist Display Guide.
On the day of the tour, artists will be asked by hall monitors to remove any artwork that does not comply with Tour criteria.
Non-compliance to these terms and conditions will result in being excluded from future shows.
Cell service should be available at all halls but can not be guaranteed by the Sylvan Circle Tour Committee.
ENTRY FEE and NON-REFUNDABLE SELECTION FEE
There is a one hundred twenty-five dollar ($125.00) Entry Fee and a separate, non-refundable ten dollar ($10.00) Selection Fee. Acceptance e-mails will be sent out to applicants in late April. If a payment receipt is required, please retain the PayPal receipt emailed to you as no hardcopy receipt will be issued.
For artists not selected for the Tour or who are on the waiting list, a refund will be applied to the account used for the original payment (either credit card, visa debit or PayPal).
Cancellations prior to June 20, 2020 will result in a $90.00 refund. No refunds will be provided after this date.
To apply online click here.